Foam Roller and Stretching Class
Our foam roller exercise class has been specifically designed to improve flexibility, reduce muscular stiffness, speed up recovery, alleviate pain and prevent musculoskeletal injuries. The class has been developed by physiotherapist, Jenny Sidrak. She will teach you how to target muscles that are commonly over active when performing activities of daily living and work specific tasks. You will learn how to safely and effectively use the foam roller and perform self-myofascial release (SMR) of trigger points and connective tissue (myofascia). During the class you will practice rolling over different muscle groups slowly, stopping and holding on sore trigger points until the tension is released, usually achieved in 30 to 90 seconds. The class will also incorporate some release work on the spikey ball which is used to specifically isolate particular muscles. Learn more...
You cannot afford to miss this class!
Benefits of the Foam Roller Exercise Class:
- Decrease pain, soreness and muscular spasms
- Increase range of motion and flexibility
- Prepare muscles for more effective stretching
- Enhance core strength and stability
- Decrease post exercise recovery time
- Improve neck, shoulder, back and knee pain
- Correct postural imbalances