As this year comes to an end, it’s important to do a stocktake on your lifestyle and find yourself the right balance in work, exercise, and play. Summer is here and this is the time when you should be feeling your best!
Christmas Gift Ideas
Fitness Ring Gift Certificates are available for Personal Training, Group Training, Group Class Passes, Weight Loss Consultations, Corporate Training, and Merchandise.
Give the gift of fitness this year!
One Time Christmas Offer!
Save up to $100!
10 Personal Training Sessions (Boxing/Weight Training):
1 Person - $650 Save $100
2 People - $750 Save $50
Sharpen your skills, get super fit, lose weight, gain muscle, and have tons of energy for the summer! Give personal training a try and you won’t be disappointed...
*Call Tonia 0407 961 874 to book your sessions today.
Terms and conditions apply:- Offer is valid December 5, 2012 - Febuary 9th, 2013. Must be prepaid in full and subject to availability. There are strictly no refunds, credit or extensions. Must use within the time period mentioned above. This offer is not available via PayPal. Training is with Nick or Steve depending on availability.
Must Read! Holiday Tips for Survival
Every year we go through the same season and yet people still manage to go overboard with eating and drinking socially.
The average person manages to put on 2-3 kgs during the holiday season. That’s almost up one size in clothes!!! The aftermath is quite shocking, especially because it happens right in the middle of summer. Then the phones at Fitness Ring start ringing with people trying to reverse the damage.
Here are some tips to keep your weight the SAME throughout the silly season. It’s not as tough as you think and if you choose to follow these tips, then you may even learn something new! Put it into practice and you’re set for success.
Dining Out at a Restaurant
- Eat a green apple before you go out (makes you feel fuller longer and you don’t eat as much).
- Pick an entree rather then a main meal or share a main meal and add a garden salad.
- Choose foods low in salt and sugar as they cause you to be bloated.
- Salads can be full of fat if you make the wrong choice. Steer clear of caesar salads, bacon, and cheese. Best to choose a garden salad with dressing on the side so you have control of how much you’re eating. Salad dressings can be very high in fat and sugar.
- Make it a habit to go for a walk after dinner.
- Keep up with your training regime throughout the year. Its very hard to come back after a month or two off and stay at the same fitness level to keep up with the others.
- Mix it up - if you participate in group classes, try personal training alone or with a group of friends. Try a weight training class to change it up. Your body will thank you!
- Drink plenty of water. 2 cups of water per coffee and 1 cup per alcoholic beverage.
- Stick to spirits, avoid mixes such as soft drink (unless its diet) as they are really high in sugar and tend to make your hangover worse.
- Add fresh lemon, lime, or mint.
- Set a limit of how many drinks you’ll consume.
Please note - Do not drink on an empty stomach and you should snack on low calories foods throughout the night.
Get Enough Sleep
In studies, scientists have discovered that sleep plays a critical role in immune function, metabolism, memory, learning, and other vital functions.
Turn off computers and tv’s an hour before bedtime.
Plan to get at least two early night's sleep/week.
Are You Interested In Learning More?
For more information on weight loss and dietary advice, please contact Tonia.
*For regular tips on diet, training and much more, go to Fitness Ring on Facebook.*
Recipe - Easy Summer Mexican Salmon Salad
This dish is full of flavor, provides a high source of protein and is packed with nutrients. (Serves 2)
- 2 salmon fillets
- 2 tbsp Old El Paso Taco Seasoning
- 1 cup of cooked brown rice
- Salad Ingredients:
- 1 shredded carrot
- 1 cup red capsicum chopped
- 1 cup of tin corn
- 2 cups salad greens
- 1 cup spinach
- Honey Lime Dressing (combine the following together):
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 garlic cloves peeled and minced
Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Put both salmon fillets is a plastic bag along with a sachet of taco seasoning. Shake until fillets are coated. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes, or until the salmon is cooked. Combine the salad ingredients and drizzle dressing on top. Add 1 cup of rice and place salmon fillet on top. Bon appetite!
We will be open regular hours throughout Christmas with the exception of a few days:
Christmas Eve Monday, Dec 24 CLOSED
Christmas Day Tuesday, Dec 25 CLOSED
New Years Eve Monday, Dec 31 CLOSED
New Years Day Tuesday, Jan 1 CLOSED
Thank you for making this past year a great one and we look forward to seeing even more success with our programs, weight loss clients, and classes. Stay tuned for some really new and exciting stuff that’ll be happening at the start of the year. Wishing you a very safe, active, and fun holiday season!
Nick, Tonia, and Steve